Today I am thankful for:
- The weather warning being canceled and only getting a small amount of snow.
- Notebooks, journals, writing utensils, and quiet time to write to my heart’s content
- A husband who is a good provider and is allowing me the luxury and support of time at this point in my life to pursue my passions
- The internet that brings so many people, places, forums, and opportunities into my world, without which I would never have access to or even know about
- A spark of creativity that just the small act of nurturing it for a bit has been a mood booster.
I hope you are all having a good day. Please know that no matter what is happening in your life right now, you matter. (Hug)
Today I am thankful for:
1. My pup, who is always by my side – literally – I have tripped over her multiple times today. Currently, she has her head on my lap, all sweet face and pretty eyes, patiently waiting for a Cheez-It.
2. Friends, old (ha) and not so old who make me smile and chuckle and are close in heart, no matter how far in miles.
5. A kid with a sharp mind who likes to challenge me in games, especially word games, even if he starts SEVENTEEN games of the same game all at once and it takes me half an hour to catch up on all of them.
In an effort to shake off the residue of awful nightmares, a wicked migraine, and a lack of holly jolly, I am focusing on gratitude. So, today I am thankful for:
1. In spite of how it affects my head currently, sunshine! Because it is so infrequent this time of year and it is making a pretty rainbow on my ceiling. I appreciate simple beauty.
2. My girl will be home tonight!
3. My girl is en route!
4. My girl is just a few hours away!
5. My girl will be home for 3 weeks! That means there will be days when our family unit is once again intact. There will be annoyances and bickering among siblings, good-natured teasing, exasperation, too much stuff everywhere, more laundry, and lots and lots of love and laughter. And I will love every minute of all of it even when it’s maddening and smile to myself when I hear my childen’s voices intermingled in squabbling, teasing, and laughter, because I know these days are oh so precious and there aren’t many more of them to come in quite this way. I will find joy in those cherished moments and hide them in my heart.
I’ve been fighting a bit of the melancholy this week. I looked at the calendar this morning and realized why and got teary. My subconscious always knows even when things aren’t at the forefront of my brain. So, in an effort to combat that, some gratitude and an attempt to shift focus.
Today I am thankful for:
Sunshine. There is some today and it has been so very gray lately, I am ever so grateful for any bright rays we get.
My kiddos and the fact that they are alive and healthy. I can never be thankful enough for that and I will never take it for granted.
Today is the last home boys’ middle school basketball game of the season and it is parents’ night. I am thankful I have the opportunity tonight to go and be there for my youngest.
That my car has heat on a cold winter’s morning and a kid old enough to start the car. (I so miss my remote start in winter, but I was thankful for it while I had it.)
Ice scrapers and a teenage boy to wield same at 7:30 a.m. (I was only driving that early because of him, so it’s fair.)
I hope your day is good. (Hug)
It’s been a long day, but one filled with love and laughter, and my heart (and belly) is full. I hope you have all had a wonderful Thanksgiving as well, whether you were surrounded by friends and family or, as some of my friends far away, had a day of solitude and self-pampering.
There is much for which to be thankful, and I hope you can all think of several things today.
Today I am thankful for:
* My family.
* The sounds of my children’s voices all together and especially their laughter.
* Warm clothing on cold, snowy, 15-degree nights. Also tea and pie.
* The aroma of all the foods cooking today.
* YOU. Yes, I am thankful for you, people who are following me, people I have connected with here, people I have yet to connect with, people just passing by. Each and every one of you who sees these words is a unique individual who brings your own special gifts to the world, so today I am thankful for you. You matter.
Happy Thanksgiving! (Hug)
I would like to make this a regular thing and I just realized today is Thursday (it’s been a crazy week with cancellations, snow days, reschedules that were then cancelled), so two posts today.
Off the top of my head, today I am thankful for:
- Snowplows, snow shovels, and men/boys to utilize them! Also that as much snow as we have, that we have nowhere near the amount some places in New York have received this week. My heart and prayers go out to the families of the people who were lost in that sudden mess.
- The fact that when my husband was being kind and plowing someone’s driveway (for free on a regular basis) an hour ago, they weren’t upset when he accidentally banged his side mirror against theirs and broke their glass. Unfortunately, his truck has those fancy very expensive telescoping mirrors and while his glass didn’t break (that would’ve been the cheap fix!), the arm did and now it’s hanging down the side of the truck by the wires. Sooooo, I’m thankful it was the passenger side and not the driver’s side while we figure out how to pay for that unexpected expense that just occurred.
- Yarn. All the yummy yarn. Every year once serious snow hits I suddenly want to make ALL the projects. I’ve decided to make a few cowls/snoods/neck warmers for Christmas gifts and maybe try to sell a few too.
- My sister. There’s nobody in life quite like a sister. We have known each other longest, irritated each other longest, loved each other longest, cheered each other on longest, and been there for each other through it all, the good, the bad, the ugly, and the downright devastating. There is no other relationship in my life quite like it, and I would not trade the one I was blessed with for anything. She’s beautiful and she rocks.
- My Baby Girl comes home tomorrow!!! Squee! (Yeah, I went there.) I am so excited to see her and hug her and hang out with her and cook with her and shop with her and … you get the idea. I. CAN’T. WAIT. I’m now crossing fingers and toes that the weather is decent, the snow stops, and the bridge is safe for crossing.
I am drawing a blank on what to write about today. It’s been a busy week and my brain is on overload. So I’ve decided to just take a moment and list 5 thinks for which I am thankful. I may make this a regular thing, since I think it is always good to stop for a moment, especially when stressed, to remind myself how rich I truly am.
So, today I am thankful for:
My washer and dryer. With 3 males (1 grown, 1 not quite, 1 tween), my laundry is constant. I have no idea how they generate so much laundry, but holy cow do they ever. After doing 4 loads today (and there’s more!), and having been without a washer and/or dryer for days, if not weeks, at various points in my life and knowing how miserable that is, today I am ever so thankful for a functioning washer and dryer that are currently humming along.
My taste buds. There are ever so many things to taste in this world, always a new food to try. It is amazing to me how many thousands of flavors and textures – sweet, sour, spicy – I have tasted in my life, and to realize I have barely touched the tip of the iceberg in foods to taste. It’s mind boggling to think about all the things I have not yet, or may never, taste in this world.
But wait, there’s more!